Friday, June 22, 2012

Swag!

So this month I won the 12athon drawing! Go me! I'm pretty sure it was because I was long-distance mentally bribing the chickens. Took a lot of mental energy, you know.

Here's what I won:

Clockwise, from top: A "Gone Running" magnet sign, TrueLemon Lemonade mix (10-count), Clandestino banana bars in milk chocolate (brown), plain (white), and dark chocolate (dark brown), and TrueLime sachets (32-count).

Oh, and also one of these:

That's right, a 12athon shirt! It's awesome.

So far I have tried the TrueLemon's True Lemonade mix and the 12athon shirt, so here are my (glowing) thoughts on them.

The shirt--which is a New Balance NDurance short-sleeved tech t-shirt, screen-printed by Family Fun Club is everything it's cracked up to be. Fits well, a little long in the body so none of what my sister-in-law calls 'inadvertent bellydancing.' Does exactly what it's supposed to do: wicks. The printing is really nice and clear. The website was easy to navigate, and the gift card was easy to use. I'd recommend buying one of these shirts there.

Well, I mean, you can't get them anywhere else, but I digress.

The True Lemonade is awfully tasty. List price, I think, comes to 40 cents a packet ($3.99 for a box of 10), which is comparable with things like Crystal Lite Pure. It tastes . . . well, as I said to RWB, it tastes pretty much how you wanted Minute Maid lemonade to taste: not as sickly sweet and actually a little more lemon-y. It does taste a titch like stevia as, unsurprisingly, there's stevia in it, but I actually like the taste of stevia, so it's not a problem for me.

Here's what the packaging looks like--not really surprising:

And here is an excellent example of AA's blue period what it looks like mixed up. (Also the upper right-hand corner of my piano. No, it did not leave a ring. I didn't leave it there long enough to sweat.)

I'd recommend it, probably with some potassium salt thrown in, for a Gatorade substitute, and without just for drinking (which is what I've been doing with it). It's available both at TrueLemon's website, linked above, or at a lot of grocery stores.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!
    I love the fact that the telepathic bribe to the chickens worked lol. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete