Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DF: RMU, Day 4 (AA)

9 miles! In the cold. We're starting to get to manageable distances.

So today let's talk about food.

In addition to what kind of shoes you wear, I also do not give a flying flunderton what you eat. Except: make sure there's enough of it.

This Reverse Mayan Ultra Deathmarch thingy is a lot of miles in not a lot of days, and for me (and a good deal of the rest of you) it's also in the cold. The first couple days, I was super-exhausted all the time and I think at least part of it is due to expending too many calories and not replacing them.

I've since fixed that, or at least tried to (there were lots of burritos involved), and I can stay awake past 8pm now, but yeah. The Reverse Mayan Ultra is kind of a bad time to, uh, count calories, unless it's to make sure you're not shorting yourself much. Undereating will also affect your ability to recharge/heal, so, yeah. Don't do it.

Watch what you're eating later. Eat lots of food, especially protein, now.

And if you'll excuse me, I must drink my eggnog-spiked Kahlua.

No comments:

Post a Comment