Sunday, January 22, 2012

Change of scenery...


Usually I try to arrange my running schedule around my out-of-town gigs so that I can do most of my running at home. It's easier: I don't have to pack the extra clothes, I don't have to map out and write myself directions for a new route, I don't have to worry about whether or not there are sidewalks or at least some kind of a shoulder on the roads, I don't have to worry about whether the area of town that I'm planning to run in is safe, etc.


I definitely plan to go back to the Riverwalk next time I'm in Columbus, GA, though. The 22-mile asphalt running/biking trail runs along the Chattahoochee River and makes for a lovely run, especially when it's 70 degrees out in the middle of January.


Soldier Marathon, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Haet.

    (Is that going to be your GA marathon? I support that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      (Probs. The Georgia Marathon is rather expensive and Rock 'n' Roll Savannah would probably be pretty but will be crowded. There's an Atlanta Half but no full.)

      Delete